Sugarcane is the most efficient crop in the world for the production of sugar, ethanol, and energy, with the following features:
- SUSTAINABLE: soil loss is lower than many other crops.
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY: it is highly efficient in converting sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide into energy.
- BIOELECTRICITY: bagasse is one of the primary raw materials used in the production of bioelectricity.
- RENEWABLE: the clean, renewable production of ethanol significantly reduces energy dependence on fossil fuels.
- LOW CARBON EMISSIONS: ethanol produced from sugarcane reduces greenhouse gases by more than 80% compared with gasoline.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE IN BRAZIL: thanks to the country's agronomical conditions, such as climate and soil quality.