Through its Environmental Management System described in the Environmental Management Plan certified by Bonsucro, we use strategies that allow the identification, evaluation, and elimination of potential environmental impacts inherent to the sugar-energy production process.
This includes unrestricted compliance with legislation, the efficient use of natural resources, the prevention of pollution, reduced waste generation, respect for agricultural zoning, the maximization of renewable energy use, and the continuous improvement of performance via employee awareness.
We have programs such as:
- The Environmental Management of Legal Reserves and Permanent Preservation Areas.
- Monitoring of Aquatic Ecosystems.
- Earth Biota Monitoring.
- Soil monitoring.
- Pluvial Water Management: Management of Erosive Processes and Silting.
- Monitoring of Surface and Groundwater.
- Monitoring of Atmospheric Emissions and Air Quality.
- Management of Liquid and Solid Waste, Industrial Wastewater, Sanitary Effluent.
- Monitoring of Noise, among several other actions.